The aim of the fund is to support local organisations help improve the wellbeing of children and young people over the summer holidays.
Funding of up to £10,000 is available to deliver holiday activities and experiences, integrating food and wider family support where needed, and targeted at children and young people particularly adversely affected by the impacts of the pandemic.
Who the funding is intended to reach
This funding is aimed at children and young people most likely to be experiencing continued disadvantage and who will therefore have been particularly adversely affected by the pandemic.
Several groups of children and young people have particular wellbeing needs which can require targeted support. These include:
- Children from low income households
- Children from the Tackling Child Poverty priority family groups:
- larger families
- families with a disabled child or adult
- young mothers
- families with children under one
- minority ethnic families
- Children from families who have been shielding during the pandemic and whose ability to engage in activities and socialise will have been very limited
- Children with a disability or additional support need
- Care experienced children and young people
- Young carers
- Children in need of protection
- Children supported by a child's plan
- Children who have undergone significant transitions during lockdown or will experience them this year, including starting in ELC, starting primary school, moving to secondary school and leaving school.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted by 11am on Monday 31 May 2021.
Applications will be assessed by members of the Fairer Falkirk Partnership.
Support is available to help you develop your application.
Please return the completed application form and any supporting documents to:
- Application form
If you are unable to send the application electronically, please send a copy to the following address: