If you are a Small Trader who is based at a residential property or you run your business from a vehicle, you can use our recycling centres by purchasing a Small Traders Tipping Permit.

  1. Table of contents

Small Traders Tipping Permit

There are 6 types of permit:

Small vans - Up to 2.5t Gross

Large vans

The maximum vehicle size permitted at each site is gross 3.5 tonnes.

To use any of the permits, you need to produce a Waste Carriers License, which can be obtained from the SEPA website, or by calling them direct on 03000 99 66 99.

Where to buy permits

You can buy a Small Trader Tipping Permit on My Falkirk.

What materials are accepted under each permit?

Recycling Permit

  • Food and drinks cans
  • Plastic bottles and trays
  • Paper
  • Cardboard
  • Glass bottles and jars
  • Books
  • Textiles, including shoes
  • Light bulbs
  • Bicycles
  • Scrap metal
  • Wood
  • Batteries
  • Plasterboard

Green Waste permit

  • Grass/Bush cuttings etc
  • Soil
  • Rubble

Non-recycling permit

  • Mattresses
  • Upholstered furniture and divan bed bases
  • Carpets
  • Large domestic plastics, such as garden furniture
  • Non-recyclable commercial waste

Materials that are not accepted under a small trader's permit

  • Fridges and freezers
  • White goods, such as washing machines
  • Small electrical appliances
  • Tyres – this recycling facility is not for commercial users of the site, who should have their own tyre recycling facilities.
  • Mineral Oil - this recycling facility is not for commercial users of the site, who should have their own oil recycling facilities
  • Asbestos
  • Hazardous waste

Where to take commercial waste

Access for commercial waste will be available at Kinneil Recycling Centre and Roughmute Recycling Centre. Small Trader Tipping Permits can be purchased on-line from the council’s web site.

Alternative sites to deposit commercial waste within Falkirk area include:

  • Foundry Steels, Clyde Street, Grangemouth
  • A W Jenkinson Woodwaste Ltd, Carriden Industrial Estate, Bo'ness
  • Central Demolition Limited, Chatton Works Industrial Estate, Bonnybridge
  • Avondale Environmental Limited, Avondale Road, Falkirk

To check that a site is registered to accept waste visit SEPA's website.