Coronavirus (COVID-19) information
If you are an existing Falkirk Council trade waste customer and your business is currently closed due to COVID-19, we are able to stop your bin collection service with immediate effect and adjust your annual 2020-21 invoice accordingly. Please contact our Trade Waste Team for more information:
If you are a Small Trader who is based at a residential property or you run your business from a vehicle, you can use our recycling centres by purchasing a Small Traders Tipping Permit.
Due to COVID-19, trade waste will only be accepted at Kinneil Recycling Centre.
Small Traders Tipping Permit
There are 3 types of permit:
The maximum vehicle size permitted at each site is gross 3.5 tonnes.
To use any of the permits, you need to produce a Waste Carriers License, which can be obtained from the SEPA website, or by calling them direct on 03000 99 66 99.
Where to buy permits
You can buy a Small Trader Tipping Permit at Kinneil Recycling Centre only.
What materials are accepted under each permit?
- Food and drinks cans
- Plastic bottles and trays
- Glass bottles and jars
- Fridges and freezers
- White goods, such as washing machines
- Small electrical appliances
- Textiles, including shoes
- Light bulbs
- Garden waste
- Mineral oil
- Scrap metal
- Upholstered furniture and divan bed bases
- Large domestic plastics, such as garden furniture
- Non-recyclable commercial waste
Where to take commercial waste
Access for commercial waste will be available at Kinneil Recycling Centre where Small Trader Tipping Permits can be purchased.
Alternative sites to deposit commercial waste within Falkirk area include:
- Foundry Steels, Clyde Street, Grangemouth
- A W Jenkinson Woodwaste Ltd, Carriden Industrial Estate, Bo'ness
- Central Demolition Limited, Chatton Works Industrial Estate, Bonnybridge
- Avondale Environmental Limited, Avondale Road, Falkirk
To check that a site is registered to accept waste visit SEPA's website.