Changes to the brown bin collection service
From 01 April 2023, if you wish to recycle garden waste in your brown bin, you must purchase a garden waste permit.
Each bin to be collected must have a permit displayed. If you choose not to purchase a garden waste permit, your brown bin will not be collected from 01 April 2023.
During high winds, bins with a small amount of waste can be blown over. This could lead to rubbish being blown around your street.
If you think your bin could be blown over during periods of high wind consider waiting until your next scheduled collection day or take your recycling/landfill waste to a recycling centre.
If the bin does need to be emptied:
- Make sure bins are closed and secure.
- Don't put your bin out too early, we recommend you put your bin out on the morning of collection, before 6:30am.
- Put your bin alongside a shelter, such as a wall or a fence (if a shelter is available on the kerbside).
- If there is no shelter at the kerbside, place bins in clusters with your neighbours' bins.
- Weigh the bin down if possible.
- Bring your bin in as soon as possible after collection.