The Household Support Fund provides cash-first support which can help you with your living costs. You will be eligible for this support if you get one of the following benefits:

  • Council Tax Reduction
  • Housing Benefit
  • Universal Credit (UC)
  • Income Support/Income based Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)/Income related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Pension Credit

You can also get this support if you have:

  • An equivalent low income (i.e., your household is not currently in receipt of Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction but would be eligible if an application was made)
  • A Young Person's Council Tax Exemption, or
  • You have no recourse to public funds

How to access this support

If you are interested in the fund, the best way to register your interest is by contacting one of our referral partners. They will talk to you about the fund and take some time to make sure that you are getting all the other benefits and help you might be entitled to.

How much will you get

If you are referred to the fund and meet the eligibility criteria, you can expect to get your payment within 10 working days, and we will notify you about this via text-message.

The amount you will get depends on the number of people in your household. A single adult will receive £110. Any additional individual (I.e. a partner or dependent child) will result in a further £90. For example, a couple with no dependent children would receive £200. A couple with one dependent child would receive £290 and so on.

If you are referred to the fund as a single non-dependent you will receive a payment of £90 (a non-dependant is typically a grown-up son or daughter or elderly relative living with a named householder but who is not liable for paying rent under a formal arrangement). Any dependent child will still account for £90, i.e. a non-dependent with one child would receive £180.

If you have any questions about the fund, please contact

Privacy Notice: Benefits & support - Household Support Fund