Your blue bin is collected every 4 weeks from the kerbside or the agreed collection point.
You can recycle plastics, cans and cartons in your blue bin. It is important all of these materials are recycled in the blue bin and not put in the wrong bin/containers.
How do I use my blue bin?
- Collect and prepare your materials for recycling
- Rinse and squash cans, tins and plastic containers
- Flatten your plastic bottles
- Place your plastic bottles, tubs, containers, cans, tins, and clean cartons into your blue bin
- Place your blue bin at the kerbside on your collection day
In the interest of health and safety, please ensure that your bins are presented at the kerbside for collection without anything attached, including rope or bungee cords, as this can become entangled with our lifting equipment and is a danger to operatives.
Top tips on using your blue bin
- Please rinse plastic containers and cartons.
- Remove plastic film lids and food tray liners from cartons, plastic trays and pots.
- Make sure foil and foil containers are not contaminated by food waste.
- Make sure aerosol cans are empty before recycling.
- You do not need to take off any labels.
- Materials should be loose, not bagged.
What materials can I recycle in my blue bin?
Plastic (rinsed and squashed)
- Food trays
- Drinks bottles
- Milk bottles
- Tablet and medicine bottles
- Yoghurt pots
- Sauce bottles
- Shampoo bottles
- Hand wash bottles
- Plastic lids and bottle tops
- Cleaning products
- Lids and tops
Cans (emptied and rinsed)
- Drinks cans
- Food tins
- Chocolate and biscuit tins
- Empty aerosol cans
- Aluminium foil
- Foil trays
- Metal lids
Cartons (rinsed and squashed)
- Soup cartons
- Juice cartons
- Other cartons
Please DO NOT PUT the following materials in your blue bin:
If you are not sure if a material can be placed in your blue bin, please contact us:
If your blue bin contains the wrong material, we will advise you by placing a sticker on the bin. The bin will not be uplifted. Any wrong material must be removed and placed in the correct bin/container. The bin can then be presented again on the next scheduled collection day.