You will need a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) Licence if you, as the owner, let a house or flat to 3 or more unrelated persons as their only or main residence and who share kitchen and/or bathroom facilities.

The term can apply to hostels, including student residences, bedsits and shared flats.

If you don't need a HMO licence you may still need to register as a landlord.

How to apply

The HMO licence application forms are available to download:

New or renewal of a HMO licence - application form
Variation of a HMO licence - application form

You can also get application forms by contacting us: