You must tell us in writing if there are any changes to your circumstances, for example:

  • you change address
  • someone moves in or out
  • a member of the household turns 18
  • a student completes/leaves their course

If you don't tell us about changes you may miss out on a discount or exemption or get too much council tax reduction/second adult reduction and may have to pay us back.

If your council tax charge changes as a result of a change of circumstances we will send you a new bill.

How to let us know

Changing address

If you move house, please complete a change of address form.

Supporting documents

Submit any documents you have been asked to supply using our online form.

You can currently use the form to submit documents for the following services:

  • Housing Benefit/Discretionary Housing Payment
  • Council Tax
  • Free School Meals and School Clothing Grants
  • Education Maintenance Allowance

For all other changes in your circumstances you must write to your local Advice and Support Hub to tell us about the change.