We advertise contract opportunities through our notices on Public Contracts Scotland (PCS). Launched in 2008, PCS is the national public sector advertising portal for Scotland. Funded by the Scottish Government, the portal plays a key part in the Scottish Government's Public Procurement Reform Programme.
In April 2016 it became a legal requirement for all Scottish public sector bodies to use PCS to advertise all regulated procurements (£50k and above for supplies & services, and £2m and above for works). In addition, PCS is used to request quotations (Quick Quotes) for lower value, non-regulated procurements.
SMEs, Third Sector organisations, Supported Businesses and large businesses alike can access contract opportunities and bid for supplies, services and works contracts.
As a public body, the Council must follow strict rules in the way that we invite, evaluate and award contracts. These rules make sure we are open and transparent in the way we do business with our suppliers.
The rules also make sure we:
- Use public money properly
- Meet our legal duty to obtain best value through our contracts
- Comply with the law
- Treat all bidders and suppliers equally
- Are accountable, open and transparent
- Comply with Council's Contract Standing Orders, Procurement Procedures and Financial Regulations
- Protect ourselves and our employees from any legal challenges or allegations of misconduct in our business dealings
PCS allows access to information regarding:
- Current contract opportunities
- Future contract opportunities
- Contract Awards
- Procurement Statistics