The COVID-19 Digital Exclusion Fund is now closed.
The aim of the COVID-19 Digital Exclusion Fund is to support organisations to tackle digital exclusion by providing people they support with connectivity, devices and digital support to individuals living in the Falkirk area who are:
- digitally excluded - do not have an appropriate device and/or are not connected to the internet at home; AND
- on low incomes so cannot afford to buy a device or pay for internet access
Organisations can apply for grants up to £5,000.
Getting online will help individuals access public services, support learning and training, help find or maintain work and provide resilience in the event of further lockdowns.
How it works
Building on the Connecting Scotland model, successful organisations will receive a grant enabling them to 'gift' individuals with equipment and connectivity as follows:
- kit – internet enabled device – for example a chrome book, iPad, or android device eg a smart phone
- connectivity – through mobile data
- training and support – for staff and volunteers to become 'digital champions' to support people to use the internet confidently and safely.
Decisions on applications will be made by Fairer Falkirk Partnership, part of Falkirk Community Planning Partnership, and will be made within 10 working days from receipt of a valid application form.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted by 11am on Monday 15 March 2021. Applications will be assessed by members of the Fairer Falkirk Partnership and funding will be distributed by the end of March 2021.
- COVID-19 Digital Exclusion Fund application form
- COVID-19 Digital Exclusion Fund Guidance
Please return the completed application form and any supporting documents to:
If you are unable to send the application electronically, please send a copy to the following address: